Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Link A Day Keeps the Doctor Away

I don't have much to write about today so I thought I'd post some websites I find useful:

Slate
This site is full of great editorials, movie, music, TV, and product reviews, news items, technological developments, and even etiquette rules. There's at least one article worth reading every day.

Minneapolis Star Tribune
Admittedly, the first things I look at on this site are the comics and the "Out There" page. But it's also a great place to get local news.

Google News
This is my favorite place to get US and world news. The site is updated every 15 minutes and is automatically generated by using an algorithm to find the most popular stories.

The Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet
These are the sites I hit for the latest Harry Potter news. Yes, I'm a geek. But both sites are VERY well done.

Dooce, Mimi Smartypants, and Bringing Up Ben and Birdy
I've talked about the first two before, and Bringing Up B&B is along the same lines. This one is published on BabyCenter and is updated weekly. The author, Catherine Newman, also has an excellent book that was just published called "Waiting for Birdy".

Weather Underground
I think everyone has heard of this one, but it's by far my favorite weather site. And when you live in Minnesota, it seems like keeping up with the weather is a full time job.

Google Maps
This is a relatively new discovery made by Andy. I haven't played with it much, but I love the feature where you can switch back and forth from a map to a satellite image.

Dexonline
Where I go to find phone numbers.

City Data
This is a great place to visit if you're traveling to another city or if you're thinking of moving. It's got every little statistic on just about every city out there. I have no idea who keeps up all of this data, but they have WAY too much time on their hands.

Minnesota DNR
When you spend as much time at state parks as we do, you come to intimately know and love this website.

National Public Radio
We're NPR/MPR junkies, and I love that they have most broadcasts on here to listen to. It's great when you hear them mention something interesting, but can't catch the whole story. It definitely has a liberal slant (and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that), but the reporting is still some of the best out there.

Bureau of Labor Statistics
This is a really interesting site, especially if you're thinking of a career change, or are just curious as to how much you could be making doing something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home