Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

An Ode to Dooce and Mimi Smartypants

I've been wasting far too much time these past weeks on the web. I put the blame for this squarely on the shoulder of 3 women: JK Rowling, Dooce, and Mimi Smartypants. The first is, of course, the wonderfully talented author of the Harry Potter books (94 days to HBP and counting!!!). Dooce and Mimi Smartypants are two of the funniest women I've ever had the pleasure of reading. My husband, Andy, and I have been going back and forth about whether to have kids, and these two have given me the strength to say, "It's going to be the hardest thing we've ever done, but it will be SO worth it." They are also the reason I've started this blog. And while I can never hope to be as funny, or interesting, as those two, this will at least give me some sort of record of the next few days/months/years. I have a feeling we are entering a new chapter in our lives, and I hope by writting everything down it will help me sort through it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home