Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Why I'm Always Late For Work

Lisa brought me a beautiful scarf back from Paris. I could build a whole wardrobe around the colors in it. In fact, you could say I already have as it matches almost everything in my closet. That’s how well this girl knows me. She and I always laugh about how when we first met she never wore jewelry and the clothes in her closet were pretty plain, where as I wore bright colors and never left the house without a bracelet on. It seems we’ve traded places. I now wear a grand total of 3 colors: white, brown, and black, and I have 3 pair of earrings, all silver, that I rotate through. Lisa, on the other hand, has a closet full of gorgeous clothes, and always has the perfect accessories on. She’s also a scarf tying expert.

So this morning I’m thinking about all of this as I’m attempting to put on the scarf she bought me. I know one way, and one way only, to tie a scarf: fold it in half, put it around your neck, and feed the tails through the loop. I did that with this scarf and, to my horror, it was way too long. Ack! So I tried tying it behind my neck and it looked like I should have been wearing a poodle skirt. I tied that stupid thing at least 10 other ways and hated it every time. I finally gave up and just wrapped it tightly around my neck a few times. I looked like I was trying to hide a hicky, but I decided that was good enough and went to find some brown socks.

Now, it’s a well known fact that every house has a sock-eating monster. Our particular monster prefers brown socks. I can ALWAYS find a pair of black socks. But when I need brown I’m out of luck. Like this morning, for instance. I found 5 single brown socks, all of them missing their mate. Luckily, our sock-eating monster only likes NICE brown socks, meaning that after 15 minutes of searching I was able to find the one ugly pair of brown socks I own.

Anyway, between the great scarf debacle, the finding of the socks, and a quick Ruger snuggle, it was 2 hours between the time I got up this morning and the time I walked into work. TWO HOURS! Ugh.

(Oh, and I called Lisa in the middle of the morning so we could meet up and she could show me how to tie my scarf like a grown up. Thanks, Sweetie. You’re the best.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home