Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Thursday, April 21, 2005

The World is a Blur

This week has been boring with a capital B. I never knew so little could happen over this many days. Then again, I’m probably noticing it only because I’m trying to find things to write about here.

I suppose the fact that there was a new pope elected (is elected the right word?) is probably a big deal. Or it would be if I was Catholic. And I honestly don't really care about the whole pope thing. I mean of course it bothers me quite a bit that people all over the world aren’t using condoms because the Catholic leadership tells them they shouldn’t, even though this leads to the spread of AIDS. And it definitely bugs me when he preaches that gay people are going to hell and that women can never be clergy. Oh, and that thing about birth control pills being evil? Dude, you DO NOT want to see me off my birth control pills. Without those hormones, I can show you EXACTLY what evil is. But, to each his own, I guess. You can believe whatever you want to as long as you’re not a) hurting anyone or b) jamming it down my throat.

So, back to the boring stuff. I got new glasses today, so I’ve been wandering around in a state of constant nausea and with very poor depth perception. And, yeah, I probably should have switched back to my old glasses before I drove home from work. I don’t think I ran over any small children, though. Anyone who has never worn glasses probably has no idea what I’m talking about, but you’ll just have to trust me on this one.

Oh, and I forgot two of my favorite websites yesterday, Sports Guy on ESPN, and Tuesday Morning Quarterback on NFL.com. I know more about particle physics than I do about sports (in other words, I'm clueless), but these are always entertaining reads.

Let’s hope something even mildly interesting happens tomorrow…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home