Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Saturday, May 14, 2005

It's Got To Be The Weather

I had the strangest dream the other night. I was trying to climb down a ladder, but it was made of a bunch of wobbly foot stools stacked on top of each other that fell apart after my first step down. Then I tried to sit on a bench that was made of slats of wood that were balanced on skinny dowels and it fell apart as I tried to sit on it. Same with a table I tried to lean on and a chair I tried to sit on. Everything around me was cobbled together and broke apart when just a tiny bit of stress was applied. Anybody care to venture an interpretation? Shouldn’t be that difficult. Then again I’m not taking it too seriously since in this same dream a bunch of deer (well, I think they were deer… but they had short legs and long, sausage-like bodies) were in a running race, complete with a start and finish line. There were 2 races. In the first race, the second place finisher was so distraught at not winning that he immediately got into the basket of a hot air balloon, raised it up into the air, then deflated it so quickly that it plunged straight down onto the ground, killing the deer (and I realized hot air balloons don’t work like that). During the second race, again the second place finisher was upset enough to commit suicide. And again, he did it with a hot air balloon. Only this time he took the easy way (which was also more plausible considering the laws of physics) and just jumped out after it was high enough. Anyway, this dream has stayed with me so I’m hoping by putting it all out here I can stop thinking about it.

Andy’s out trying to get our new motorcycle started with, from what I can tell by the noises coming out of our garage, varying degrees of success. Though the reason we bought it still doesn’t thrill me, I’m actually really excited to ride on it. My uncle who lived in the same town where I grew up had several Harleys and so I’ve been on a bike a few times. And my parents had a bike before they had Jason and I and I love the stories they’ve told about some of their longer rides. Should be fun if we can get it up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home