Getting a Kelly Carwash

Where EG's starting to wish she had moved to warmer climes when she had the chance..

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Technical Difficulties

Sorry for all of the problems with the picutres and links from yesterday. They all work on my computer here at home now so if you're still having problems at work please let me know. Not that I can do much about it.

We started packing for our Grand Canyon trip tonight... I have no idea how we're going to manage to haul everything that we need. Thank goodness Jason's pack is huge. I think he's going to get the raw end of the deal, but that's what he gets for letting us plan the whole trip.

And the highlight of my evening? I got to hold Mason for 20 minutes or so. All of those genes that women are born with... the mommy genes... all started expressing at once. My biological clock was ticking so loudly I didn't hear a single word anyone said to me for the first several minutes I was holding him. Finally, something made it through the tick-ticking: Mason's shrieking wail. Wow can that boy cry. And the second that sweet little banshee scream made it from my ears down to those mommy genes they immediately turned off. But then when he'd quiet down and look up at me with those gorgeous blue eyes, I'd melt all over again. I knew it was going to be hard to keep up my anti-kid mood once I laid my eyes on Heidi and Alf's baby. All I can say is thank goodness for his loud, beautiful, high-pitched, um, singing voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home